DIRECTIONS FOR WEB PAGE:
1. Title that includes the name of your community college and location (i.e., city and state).
2. Vision, mission, and philosophy statements (search real community colleges for ideas and author/write
of the following for your proposed community college: mission, vision, and philosophy). Do not copy a community college’s text (this would not be academically honest to do this).
3. Other background information and a welcome and/or general information (what a potential student needs to know, e.g., accreditation)
4. A section(s) on academic programs, areas of study, and educational degrees and certifications (whatever you decide should be offered at your community college; think: What does a community college normally offer in terms of courses, programs, degrees, and certificates– those things that make it different from a university or four-year college). You should make a connection to your community or area (e.g., new industry, [un]employment needs, by citing some information or statistics as related to your planned curriculum.
5. A section(s) on student services or student affairs (whatever you decide should be available at your community college; note the student services offered by most community colleges and include these at a minimum)
6. Compose anything else that a potential student would need to know about your community college, education, etc. when viewing your web page areas –review modules and current community college web sites — make sure that files or sites that you share (e.g., http://www.ncacasi.org/) are related to CCs and not personal or randomly selected.
7. Proofread your web page carefully before publishing and submitting the address to your professor. Typographical/spelling errors and violations of English language rules are not acceptable on community college web pages (or on any real institutional web pages). You cannot earn an A on this assignment with typographical and/or English language (e.g., spelling) errors. The command of good English skills counts in the real world!